DIY DMX Bridge and Netgear wireless bridge won't connect.

plasmadrive

Full time elf
I have two of the DMX bridges and they work great. However, last night I finally connected it to my wireless bridge set up and the LAN connection worked for about a min. After that the Netgear wireless bridge would no longer detect a LAN connection with the DMX Bridge. I tried all kinds of troubleshooting and it seems if I insert a little Ethernet switch in between the two it works fine. The DMX Bridge also works fine when connected directly from my computer. On a whim I took the Wiznet module from my spare DMX Bridge and put it in the show DMX Bridge. After that I did not need a the switch because it had no problem with the LAN connection. So I ran that way for some testing last night for an hour or so, but it got too late to continue..

This morning I go out to the box and the Wireless Bridge no longer sees the DMX Bridge LAN connection. Seems the Wiznet fixed it for awhile.. then it wouldn't work any more. Inserting that Ethernet switch in between again allowed it to work.

There doesn't seem to be any problem with the DMX Bridge itself because it works fine from my laptop with either of the two Wiznet units. It also works with the switch inserted between the wireless and the DMX Bridge with either Wiznet.

I tried a cross over cable and that didn't help. I also switched wireless remote units, since this is plugged into a remote and not the router, and it would not establish a LAN connection either.

Any ideas what the cause of this is?