Melbourne/Vic DIYC Melbourne Mini

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
From the full thread at
http://doityourselfchristmas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10648

Dates

5/6 JUNE 2010 This is now locked in, Please start organizing travel to Melbourne

Wridgways 26-40 Nina Link, South Dandenong (just off national Drive/Abbots road). etc about 40Km from CBD
(lat/lon) 38o02'17.11"S 145o13'15.71"E

Facilities: Large & Secure - big carpark, Toilets, BBQ, plasma screen, Power points, Internet, Vending machine, coffee/tea fac.

Duration: Two days.
-------------------------
Just a post for the calendar so people know where i am that weekend :)

Phil

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
Looks like I will be doing a demo of lightshowpro at the mini along with a look at the tiger controllers in action being driven by lightshowpro.
I may even have a present for a lucky attendee at the mini of a lightshowpro license for watching the demo.

Now I just need some lights to hook up to controllers

Cheers
Phil

kel

Dedicated elf
Have fun, guys ... and learn lots :)

I was so tempted to go to this ... 2-3 hrs drive to the airport! That was 8) MPH and his lights are going to be there ... wow! Phil with the Tiger stuff as well! The downfall for me was that it was being held 40km from the CBA :( (esp., without transport and a must work Monday situation ... no chance!)

Still, guys, have fun and pls report back :D

PS While the cat is away; the mice will play ... have fun, Phil ;)

AussiePhil

Dedicated elf
Administrator
I wrote a quick reply last night before i collapsed into bed in the DIYC thread just saying that i had some videos to edit then post, should get them up over the next few days.

It was a good weekend and i even learnt something about Vixen. David from Lithgow learnt that laptops go flat at the wrong moment when you leave the power supply at home... (oops wasn't meant to tell :) )

The JEC/MPH Pixels were certainly interesting, a lot of work and negotiation has gone into ensuring that the remain waterproof, MPH showed them off using Madrix on his laptop. At the end of the presentation I got a chance to plug the ENTTEC DMX Dongle into the laptop and drive them using LSP. Didn't try anything fancy, just a few transitions over 504 channels and they all worked.

Seen my first Ledtriks, Triks panels and was quite impressed, TimW had a RGB Triks-C Panel there that looked really cool, not sure i want to do that much soldering.... (says me with the megatree). There was considerable discussion on how to use the 'Triks panels with LSP including the potential to include DMX reception and trigger via a DMX level stored routines.

It was great to put faces to all forum names with a mix of new (to computer control) and experienced users including at least one LOR user.

I actually managed to get through the LSP demo without too many of those "it's a demo so it won't work" moments.
The camera ran out of battery at some point, just not sure when.

Cheers
Phil