1. Hello Christmas Expo attendees, welcome to AusChristmasLighting!
    Download your copy of the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual (free account required)
    Introduce yourself and tell us about your display plans
  2. New to Christmas lighting? Get started with the AusChristmasLighting 101 Manual:
    auschristmaslighting.com/wiki/AusChristmasLighting-101

DMX Brain-freeze

Discussion in 'New Members Say Hello' started by obeeone, Oct 4, 2016.

1. obeeone

obeeone Nothing like a good woman and Xmas lites

I need help in a bad way. I have tried for 4 months to get dmx running on my LOR. Nothing works. I'm trying to get a 27-channel controller to respond to LOR with a HolidayCoro Enttec adaptor. The status light blinks but none of the lights work. I've switched lights. When I use the controller test mode... I have lights. Network preferences are set to Univ 1, Entec adaptor etc. I've seen UTube videos and every one is successful. But when I clone all the settings I've seen.... nothing. I can't figure it out. Anyone out there..... please.... show this brain-dead newbie what he is doing wrong. DMX controllers are cheaper than the LORs. That is why I wish to try them out.... if they work. SOS..... SOS.... SOS.... Attached is a photo of the controller.
    Please note...... I live in New York and I was told the Aussies know what they are doing. Reach out to them.

Attached Files:

2. OzAz

OzAz Full Time Elf Generous Elf

3. i13

i13 Senior Elf

Is that a photo that you took? If so then you have the switches set so that the start channel for the controller is 384 (switches 8 and 9 on). Try setting all of the little switches to the off position and sending data to channel 1.

If the status LED is blinking then that is a good sign.

There are still a few Light-O-Rama software gurus here. ryanschristmaslights is one of them and it is easy to catch him in chat. That said, I suspect this is just a setting/configuration problem and that you have the hardware and software working.