Dmx Configuration help needed

DizizJesse

New elf
I have a mega60 controller and will be using 5 of the outputs to display different coloured lighting (dumb pixels), i was just wondering how i would go about configuring the controller within vixen, and how i would adjust the channels on the controller to correspond with what has been put in vixen, I will be using a Raperberry PI 2 with Falcon Pi player installed to play the sequences.

i13

Dedicated elf
I'm not a Pi expert but no-one else has replied here so I'll have a go.

I don't think the Pi can directly output DMX for the mega60 to take in. I thought it might support USB dongles but an E1.31 to DMX bridge would definitely solve this issue.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I also am no expert on Vixen so for that part of the question you should probably post on the Vixen section of forum. As far as channels you will probably actually be using 15 channels (5 x RGB). The fseq uses a channel number format so Vixen would need to have matching channel numbers to what you configure FPP as. Depending on what other dmx or e1.31 channels you have you would set the start channel on the mega60 to whatever dmx channel is required and map that on both vixen and FPP.
Using a usb dongle to output dmx from a PI works fine. Due to the limited current capability of the USB on the PI a powered hub like madmaxisback suggested can overcome some current related issues caused by having dongle/thumbdrive/wipi exceeding the current and causing current related glitches.