DMX Source for renard 64XC5

David_AVD

Grandpa Elf
Community project designer
Generous elf
I haven't seen the circuit for that design, but be aware that ICSP requires that the PGC, PGD & MCLR pins of the PIC be usable for that purpose.

In other words, the circuit must be designed to allow ICSP. It's not just a header tacked on as an afterthought.

jeffrae

Apprentice elf
I have an Idea to program the Ren64 by plugging in an adaptor that has a couple of indicator leds and
jumpers that you insert into the first output port then, using code similar to The JEC modified DMX, program the start address

when you need to change the DMX address plug in the adaptor and turn the power on to the ren64
Led would light to indicate that in program mode then you use the same utility as tiger dmx to set the start address
second led would light when address set.

By using two jumpers you could remove one will in program mode to display the programmed start address

Regards Jeff Rae

budude

Way behind schedule - again...
David_AVD said:
I haven't seen the circuit for that design, but be aware that ICSP requires that the PGC, PGD & MCLR pins of the PIC be usable for that purpose.

In other words, the circuit must be designed to allow ICSP. It's not just a header tacked on as an afterthought.

True enough - but I'm pretty sure all the Renards are carbon copies wrt to the programming pin access and I know folks have definitely used this on at least one of the more popular boards (probably the RenSS type) so - I'll say this - it will maybe, possibly, probably, work... 8) Easy enough to try - use the board power supply though otherwise the PICKit will try to power the entire board through the USB port.