DMX2-18 Question

christmasdave

Full time elf
This is more a question for @AAH, but I thought I would make a post in case anyone else ever had the same question.

Before I start to really play with this controller I just want to make sure I am using it properly!

I've attached an image of how I plan on using it. In essence, power comes in (appropriate to lights being used) and then I believe I need to cut the mutifunction box from the lights and plug the wires into the controller, or in the case of lights that have the function box as part of the power pack, just cut the wire and plug in ignoring the plug altogether.

I have tested one set of lights in this manner and got it working with no issues (that I saw), but it was not on for very long either. This set had the multifunction as part of the power plug which I used to power the controller, and then I plugged the wires from the lights into the controller ports 1 & 2.

Is that right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.46.43 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2021-04-02 at 4.46.43 pm.png
    1 MB · Views: 30
Reactions: AAH

christmasdave

Full time elf
Thanks Al,
I just meant that those are the wires that go into the first led. So 6 sets of lights represented. :) I looked at the manual and got confused by the green dots and wasn't sure what they represented so just wanted to make sure. Glad to know I'm on the right track.

thanks again!

Reactions: AAH

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The 2 coloured dots indicate the 2 different halves that light up individually.