Do you buy LOR sequences?

sector30

New elf
Hi All

Im a CLAP newb, never really had the right house for a 'proper' christmas light set up - until recently!

So, ive been doing a lot of reading on ACL (props to the guys who have taken the time to put together the guides etc).

I think im leaning toward LOR, mainly because I can buy some prepared sequences. Im reading loud an clear that the time to sequence is way more than the hardware side.

Ive got an idea how I can set up my lights to map closely to the LOR recommendation. That said, Im keen to play with some dumb RGB strings (roof ridge lines and gutters), and would like to do a couple of the pixel stars...

So, in reality - does anyone use the LOR sequences? How 'editable' are they (eg, reassign controller/channel, change string to RGB), are they useful as a starting point? Or should i bite the bullet and invest the time in my own sequences?

If Im not going to take advantage of LOR sequences, and given I want to play with pixels is LOR the right way to go? Im unclear as to how to decide on LOR vs the other systems.

The 'plan' i have currently requires 4 controllers (excluding the pixels).

Very interested to get some feedback

Thanks
Steve

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
There are literally thousands of sequences that LOR users have made and have made available to download for free. I'm pretty sure that there are some available direct from the LOR forum and I have seen a few sites around that have lists of sequence "sites".
Once you have a sequence they tend to be dead easy to edit. The single hardest thing imho is getting the timing anything like right as that is what makes a sequence really stand out. A well timed sequence with 30 channels c look better than a 10,000 channel 1 that has no relation whatsoever to the beat of the music.

mborg10

Michael Borg
I started a few years back with LOR because of the ease of plug and play and was scared. I purchased some songs from LOR and yeah they looked good but you have to follow a general rule of thumb when setting your lights up. I think I paid something like $35 $40 a sequence. I programmed some myself as well and they took hours.

Moving forward and now I use LSP and my lights are entirely pixels. When I started it would take me hours upon hours to program but now I can do a simple 2 minute song in about 3 hours. More complex songs can take a lot longer but the macros in LSP really speed things up.

Honestly people don't notice if the sequencing is complex or basic. They just love it anyway. Only people who actually program lights can tell a simple or complex sequence.