doityourselfchristmas.com?

Slite

Full time elf
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
151
Location
Mölnbo, Sweden
Anyone know what happend to doityourselfchristmas.com, been unable to open that site for a couple of days now.

/Stefan
 

Slite

Full time elf
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
151
Location
Mölnbo, Sweden
Maybe I wasnt specific enough... I meant that the forums have been down for several days :)

The link on the page :)

/Stefan
 

Slite

Full time elf
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
151
Location
Mölnbo, Sweden
Ok, this is just wierd.....

This is a traceroute from my fileserver:

stefan@calvin:~$ traceroute doityourselfchristmas.com
traceroute to doityourselfchristmas.com (64.38.1.4), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1) 0.238 ms 0.284 ms 0.417 ms
2 ua-83-226-167-1.cust.bredbandsbolaget.se (83.226.167.1) 14.330 ms 15.213 ms 15.691 ms
3 ti3180a210-xe6-2.ti.telenor.net (146.172.74.125) 18.196 ms 18.675 ms 19.191 ms
4 ti3089d320-ge6-0-0.ti.telenor.net (146.172.8.217) 20.140 ms 20.842 ms 21.564 ms
5 ti3001c310-ae7-0.ti.telenor.net (146.172.99.201) 22.041 ms 23.030 ms 23.509 ms
6 ti3001b300-ae0-0.ti.telenor.net (146.172.105.70) 23.686 ms 15.484 ms 15.570 ms
7 te1-7.ccr01.sto01.atlas.cogentco.com (130.117.15.53) 16.035 ms 16.798 ms 17.253 ms
8 te4-7.ccr02.sto03.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.58.210) 18.653 ms 18.924 ms 19.852 ms
9 te0-0-0-2.ccr22.ham01.atlas.cogentco.com (130.117.3.205) 35.956 ms te0-2-0-5.ccr22.ham01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.38.33) 43.786 ms te0-1-0-2.ccr22.ham01.atlas.cogentco.com (130.117.51.193) 37.097 ms
10 154.54.60.185 (154.54.60.185) 50.374 ms te0-1-0-3.mpd22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com (130.117.50.37) 55.052 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr22.ams03.atlas.cogentco.com (130.117.49.49) 52.087 ms
11 te0-2-0-2.ccr22.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.37.118) 62.396 ms te0-0-0-7.ccr22.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.37.106) 60.190 ms te0-3-0-2.ccr22.lpl01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.37.126) 64.321 ms
12 te0-3-0-4.ccr22.ymq02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.0.74) 124.095 ms 120.040 ms te0-1-0-4.ccr22.ymq02.atlas.cogentco.com (66.28.4.21) 127.689 ms
13 te0-2-0-7.ccr21.yyz02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.25.29) 131.835 ms 132.518 ms te0-3-0-1.ccr22.yyz02.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.44.110) 133.014 ms
14 te0-5-0-2.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.6.154) 143.364 ms te0-2-0-6.ccr21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.30.238) 140.000 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr22.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.42.5) 144.614 ms
15 te0-5-0-3.ccr22.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.43.234) 145.833 ms te0-5-0-1.ccr22.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.43.230) 145.814 ms te0-1-0-7.ccr22.ord03.atlas.cogentco.com (154.54.1.98) 149.999 ms
16 38.104.102.102 (38.104.102.102) 145.295 ms 142.394 ms 146.495 ms
17 border5.po2-bbnet2.chg.pnap.net (64.94.32.74) 147.977 ms border5.po1-bbnet1.chg.pnap.net (64.94.32.10) 142.988 ms 139.542 ms
18 layeredtech-6.border5.chg.pnap.net (74.217.8.10) 144.686 ms 144.202 ms 144.661 ms
19 74.200.242.54 (74.200.242.54) 157.935 ms 154.704 ms 154.493 ms
20 64.38.20.246 (64.38.20.246) 152.743 ms 150.028 ms 150.973 ms
21 64.38.3.158 (64.38.3.158) 156.408 ms 158.830 ms 161.521 ms
22 * * *
23 * * *
24 * * *
25 * * *
26 * * *
27 * * *
28 * * *
29 * * *
30 * * *


This is if I trace it online:

TraceRoute to 64.38.1.4 [doityourselfchristmas.com]

Hop (ms) (ms) (ms) IP Address Host name
1 0 0 0 206.123.64.46 -

2 0 0 0 8.9.232.73 xe-5-3-0.edge3.dallas1.level3.net
3 0 0 0 4.69.145.190 vlan80.csw3.dallas1.level3.net
4 0 0 0 4.69.151.150 ae-81-81.ebr1.dallas1.level3.net
5 24 24 24 4.69.151.117 ae-14-14.ebr2.chicago2.level3.net
6 19 19 19 4.69.138.167 ae-2-52.edge4.chicago2.level3.net
7 20 20 20 4.28.68.2 layered-tec.edge4.chicago2.level3.net
8 31 30 30 74.200.242.54 -
9 30 31 30 64.38.20.246 -
10 31 33 31 64.38.3.158 -
11 31 31 30 64.38.1.4 doityourselfchristmas.com

Very, very wierd
 

Slite

Full time elf
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
151
Location
Mölnbo, Sweden
Could someone who can log onto that site please make a post and ask if 83.226.167.216 (or anything similar to that) for some reason is blacklisted?
 

kel

Dedicated elf
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
1,527
Location
Tenterfield, NSW/Qld border
A similar thing happened to me as well ... without luck

Thankfully, I have ADSL, so I decided to reboot the modem to get a new ip address ... and I was able to access DIYC :)
 

Slite

Full time elf
Joined
Dec 30, 2011
Messages
151
Location
Mölnbo, Sweden
My IP-adress was blacklisted due to to many connections for some reason.

But even though they removed it, I still can't get to the site.

Good thing I can still mail them though, so they are looking at it :)

/Stefan
 

kane

Dedicated elf
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
1,033
Location
Trigg (Northern suburbs of Perth)
Slite said:
My IP-adress was blacklisted due to to many connections for some reason.

But even though they removed it, I still can't get to the site.

Good thing I can still mail them though, so they are looking at it :)

/Stefan
I know this is an old thread, but just noticed it, after having troubles getting to diyc (which I don't visit very often!)

I usually load up a bunch of pages in separate tabs, and it seems as though DIYC doesn't like this - and it looks like a temporary ban is placed on my IP..
 

angus40

Senior elf
Joined
Dec 23, 2011
Messages
535
Kane said:
Slite said:
My IP-adress was blacklisted due to to many connections for some reason.

But even though they removed it, I still can't get to the site.

Good thing I can still mail them though, so they are looking at it :)

/Stefan
I know this is an old thread, but just noticed it, after having troubles getting to diyc (which I don't visit very often!)

I usually load up a bunch of pages in separate tabs, and it seems as though DIYC doesn't like this - and it looks like a temporary ban is placed on my IP..

i get ip banned atleast once a week at Diyc

the site setup is retarded in that if you click on certain links or messages etc before you know it , you have several pages open and the server thinks you are spamming the site . It gets even worse if your helping resolve an issue and you post multiple posts to a thread in a short period of time.
supporting members should be cleared from getting ip banned via some sort of log .
 

kane

Dedicated elf
Joined
Dec 23, 2010
Messages
1,033
Location
Trigg (Northern suburbs of Perth)
angus40 said:
i get ip banned atleast once a week at Diyc

the site setup is retarded in that if you click on certain links or messages etc before you know it , you have several pages open and the server thinks you are spamming the site . It gets even worse if your helping resolve an issue and you post multiple posts to a thread in a short period of time.
supporting members should be cleared from getting ip banned via some sort of log .
At least I know it's not just me! Very badly done - worst case, they should pop up a message letting you know what has happened.. Although my guess is that it's done at the router/firewall level, so that may preclude a message being displayed. (it would also mean that they couldn't have different behaviour based on whether you're a supporting member/registered member)
 
Top