Drawing Channels and Macros

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Hi All

I have been playing around with macros in LSP and I have found the only way I can get them to work properly is if I draw the element as a tree.

So for example I have 6 candy canes (courtesy of fasteddys post) with 8 x ws2811 modules in each of them. I found I couldn't draw them as candy canes because the candy cane in LSP is single channel only. So I drew them as rope light which allowed me to span across multiple channels.

When I try to put a macro (colour slider for example) on the layer it doesn't create any colour, just lots of intervals where colour should be.

So I then redraw the channel images to be all trees, apply the same macro and it works perfectly.

I am sure there's a simple reason for this occurring but if someone could explain it I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

Glenn

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Are you creating the macro in the layer that is associated with the candy canes.

The issue you are having is to do with the way you draw them in the visualizer. If they have been correctly drawn with the correct channel associations then I dare say you may be creating a macro on a layer where the candy canes are not associated to.

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Yeah, the layer selection is fine because if I redraw the images as trees for the 6 candy canes it works sweet.

Out of interest how do you draw your candy canes?

Thanks

Glenn

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
I keep it simple, I use the rope light and draw it in 2 sections, The first 4 pixels are straight up and then the next 4 pixels are drawn across with a slight angle down, this gives a good enough representation of the candy cane to work well with macros and transitions

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Ahhhh, ok. I was just drawing the ropelight straight for the 8 pixels. I didn't realise the visualizer needed to be so precise. I just tried your way and it works a treat. Thanks mate!

Glenn

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You can draw it straight if you want but it wont give a good representation of the top of the candy cane

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Actually this was my original problem. If I draw them straight and try to do a full colour, colour slide macro it doesn't produce any colours at all. As soon as I drew them like you suggested it worked perfectly.

grungle25

Apprentice elf
When i draw each one it asks if I wish to split item across multiple channels...i say yes, select the 8 RGB channels for whatever candy cane it is, choose the single pixel per section option and that's it. Same thing I did with your method except with yours i used 2 lots of 4 channels. Not to worry though, your method works perfectly.