Drawing fancy RGB pixel tree in LSP

nutz4lights

Full time elf
...well at least I "think" it is fancy... I am just getting started with LSP and am watching the two webinar videos (amazingly helpful!). I am trying to draw a controller channel image and am stuck. So, in this thread:

http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,4120.msg35907.html#msg35907

I posted about one of my RGB pixel twig trees. There will eventually be 10 of these things. Each has 200 WS2811 pixels (four strings of 50). The bottom row has 36 pixels, the next row up has 30, and it dwindles down to individual pixels at the top. I am looking for the best way to draw this as a channel image for the visualizer any suggestions?

I know I will eventually want to do some bottom to top filling and color fading... but for now I'd be satisfied with being able to color fade from tree 1 to tree 10.

I look forward to seeing some suggestions.

Thanks!

-Louie

kane

Dedicated elf
nutz4lights said:
I posted about one of my RGB pixel twig trees. There will eventually be 10 of these things. Each has 200 WS2811 pixels (four strings of 50). The bottom row has 36 pixels, the next row up has 30, and it dwindles down to individual pixels at the top. I am looking for the best way to draw this as a channel image for the visualizer any suggestions?

I know I will eventually want to do some bottom to top filling and color fading... but for now I'd be satisfied with being able to color fade from tree 1 to tree 10.

I'd probably just use the Mini Tool (ie the line), to draw each of the lines, starting at the bottom, and working up with a smaller line each time.. Each time, you'd specify to split across multiple channels and specify which channels..

Unfortunately, when you're doing things that are a bit custom, it can be a bit time consuming to get them into the visualiser. But once they're setup, you can save the controller to your library, and use it in all of your sequences.. (therefore, make sure you're happy with it upfront!) A few of my display elements required manually entering each pixel to get them working right.