Drop in Price

DrNeutron

Just starting in this crazy hobby

arw01

Full time elf
I paid $30 for mine last fall, never saw them at $33.00. I'm still thinking I will order them from Holiday Coro instead, that extra international shipping adds up in a hurry..

AussieDoug

Full time elf
I asked Ray if this was going to be the new price & he said that they may even end up cheaper. As he has recently piced up a new type of 5050 2811 LEDs that he will be using.

DrNeutron

People in the US have no idea how good they have it when it comes to shipping....(within the 48)
This will make you laugh, but shipping from China to Canada is actually comparable to getting it from the US (depending on what courier you use of course). That is actually very sad, considering we are neighbors.

arw01

Full time elf
A lot has to do with competition, I can assure you it would be way more if FED EX didn't enter ground a few years ago and all we had the UPS still. The amount of population certainly helps as well, way less Canadians across that vast territory than here in the States, but I know alot of people get it shipped to the stateside at a relative friend, Mailbox center, and come over and pick it up and just play border guard chicken!

Blue, whatever you find that has dropped, drop a post, I often find interesting things to use from other people's shopping trips!

DrNeutron

Oh for Cr@* sakes........
I bought some of those as well on my last order along with 2811 modules...
Must resist adding up the differences.......
Lower prices make Dr go Something something.....

dkulp

Full time elf
Remember, the early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Thanks for all you early birds for driving down the prices for us mice. :)

(getting ready to place some orders soon)

Dan

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
Community project designer
i also wonder if were buying old stock that will be discontinued soon, an could be of even lower quality..
but the only way is to buy an try

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Those strips are IP65 - waterproof

I dont think IP65 is any less fragile than IP68. The only thing that would make those strips IP68 is having silicon injected inside the strips which is more difficult for those of us who like to cut these up ;)

bdt

Apprentice elf
Thanks shellnz, I must have my IP ratings mixed up. I wonder if these are available in silicone[SIZE=78%] coated vs. silicone tube.[/SIZE]