Dumb grb for inside my house

Pircy

Full time elf
Hi all

After the dramas of my house raise last year the planets finally alligned and the house was indeed raised. We are currently nearing the end of framing up and getting quotes for kitchens, etc. I want to place dumb grb strip in my kitchen low around the kicks, in the shadow line just beneath the bench top, and under the wall mounted top cupboards to provide light on the bench. I also intend to use the same lights hidden in the rebate beneath the hand rails on the stairwell. If all goes well I will also take it into our exterior entertaining area.

Whilst I can knock up an RGB light show for Christmas, I am a bit unsure of more high quality commercial fittings. Local retailers are asking obscene prices for their equipment. I don't necessarily need "commercial" but safe for Australian standards.

So I am after suggestions for what particular RGB strip light I should use, what to power it with, and an appropriate wall controller that I can use to set colour choices (kids constantly lose remote controls). I have a decent understanding of profile and diffusers. The products need to meet Australian standards as i will have an electrician install so the build can meet code.

In the kitchen I would need approx 15-20m of strip, the stirs only about 5m.

Any help is appreciated.

i13

Dedicated elf
If you want the strips to cast light then white ones would be better than RGB. Also note the type of LED. 5630 is generally brighter than 5050 which is generally brighter than 3528. They're not all created equal though so (for example) some 5630 LED strips still have brighter LEDs than other 5630 strips.