E1.31 and Lightorama help

ShellNZ

Senior elf
lol, yep, been there, thought that. My 4th order I wanted it out the door ASAP, at the last minute I asked for more pigtails and 2 more power supplies....when finalising the order they hadnt been added to the list and I just wanted the order yesterday so didnt bother holding it up.

2 weeks later I realised I REALLY needed those bits so had to make another order. If I just had a lil bit of patience it prob would have been cheaper in shipping to add them to prev order and just wait the extra possible day or so till he had them.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
yzguy96 said:
ok, he apologized and said it was his mistake and there was some mix up with the packages and his messenger service. its just disappointing cause i rushed to order so i could get the items ASAP so I can test and play with them cause the clock is ticking. i also would have added more items to the order if i knew i had more time.

I find it best to order before September. So next year order your goodies before September and miss the rush. Every year at this time it gets very busy and there are shipping delays and then throw in that China shuts down for week to celebrate their national day/week at the beginning of October, then from experience there are always delays at this time. Even companies like LOR have the same supply issues. I didnt even get a message replied to that i had sent LOR a couple of weeks ago.

As far as the cost for shipping, the price seems reasonable due to the weighty items like the power supplies and the plugs.

So always plan early to minimise any delays or dissapointment is my advice for the future.

jediknight2

Full time elf
I have a string or two for backups I need to buy...not in a rush so as long as it gets here in Nov sometime. I get the stuff I ordered on 9/7 today...so it takes about 5 weeks...

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok, my lights should be coming this week..i ordered a few more to save on shipping cost and I didnt know if i will be able to get more in time for xmas. over weekend I reinstalled my OS on my computer and put LOR on it so now its time to start setting it up. in terms of sequencing what would be the best approach? Use the animation editor in the sequence and try to make my sequence using it so i can get a good visual? buy an already made sequence and edit it until i get more familiar?

yzguy96

Full time elf
yes and yes lol...sorry i decided to post in the LOR forum after i posted this thread cause I thought i would get more responses.

yzguy96

Full time elf
I finally got my LEDs the other day and Im looking at them. My strings have 3 wire and it looks like the strips has 4 but two of them are held together with some connector...I am assuming this is the data and clock wires? Why is one 3 wire and the other 4...they are both WS2811...I didnt get the "L" connectors cause Ray only had 4 wire and I thought they were 3 and he agreed it wouldnt work...am I missing something? Also if I cut one of the strips to make a 90 turn then I think I would loose the waterproof cause I do not see any silcon gel in the strip so what do you guys do? put a little silcon caulk to seal them? Also what waterproof tubes or materials do you use when hooking up the wires or when you splice...etc? I bought a few of the pigtails from Ray so do I just shrink wrap the connections between the pigtails and the LEDS and power?

yzguy96

Full time elf
Trying to hook up a 12v power supply to my ecg-p2 but doesnt seem to power up? I put the jumpers in but shouldnt i see a green light on the rj45 jack on?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
For 12V operation you need to have the 2 pin bridges installed on K3 so

pin 1 & 2 and pin 3 & 4 are bridged on terminal K3

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok i put jumpers on 1,2 and 3,4 and also the J terminals like the doc shows for :
12V supply into K1 with 12V out to pixels Open 1-2, 3-4 2-3 2-3