E1.31 Issues with LOR

Streetrodder

New elf
I had to get a new computer this year because my old one I was using supposedly came over on the Mayflower or so I was told. Anyway I have reloaded LOR on my new computer and I have set my IP address for the P12R but they are not communicating with each other. I loaded the RGB stuff a couple of years ago and I am completely drawing a blank as to what I have missed. I know there was a black box which popped up in my taskbar at the bottom but I don't remember what I did to get it there and I know it was tied to the LOR and controlling my RGB Tree. Can anyone please help me?!?!?

bluzervic

65,768 Channels, 185 Universes
Are you referring to the LOR Control Panel ?

I am usually in chat or someone here in chat usually has LOR experience. I am sure we can help you get back up and running.

Do check your network preferences and make sure your controllers and PC are on the same network.
Also, check your LOR network preferences and make sure you are using unicast and the unicast IP matches what you have set up.

Always, create a spreadsheet to keep track of channels, IP addresses and universes. It helps in the long run.

-blu

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
If you have dmx channels via either a dongle or E1.31 configured in the network preference then in order for LOR to communicate with them it needs the LOR comm listener going which opens automatically when you have the LOR control panel running AND dmx networks. Without control panel AND dmx networks in the network preferences the comm listener won't run. Once it is running it will give you status messages about being able to reach or not reach the dmx devices.