e682 capacity

Discussion in '101 Display Basics' started by rodney@allan.com.au, Nov 20, 2015.

1. rodney@allan.com.au

rodney@allan.com.au New Elf

I have an understanding I think - but can en expert tell me - how many pixels can i control with each off these? i have 3 for my first display and probably can't make more in time. As long as each is close to the pixels is there any reason i have to seperate off in function e.g. a mega tree on one but also a few extra strips not in the mega tree?

2. jcmarksafb

jcmarksafb Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona

Up to 12 universes running unicast on each controller which is 2040 pixels, spread over the outputs.

3. mick8248

mick8248 Full Time Elf

Just checked mine, 12 universes with unicast and 6 with multicast, you need to be using v4 and above firmware I think.

4. insttechno

insttechno New Elf

Not sure if this is how it works but i think it does because i'm trying to figure out the same thing.

Each universe has 510 useable channels - divide this by 3 to get the amount of useable nodes - which is 170 nodes per output on the E682.

My understanding is if you've used say 100 out of 170 for one element you can program XLights to use the last 70 for another element as long as you put the channels in properly.

As I said, I may be wrong but thats how i understand so far. Hopefully i'll test soon and figure it out