E682 Controller

techs2211

New elf
Hello All
I am new to this and I am having problems getting my controllers setup for my lights,
I have 3 controllers that I have added to Xlights 1 for a mega tree this one works fine
I have one that I am trying to utilize all 16 ports and when I get the strands connected I have one that is completely a different color then I am seeing in the House preview.

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to get the models connected to the controllers

ezellner

Full time elf
Need a lot more info to be able to help. Pictures/diagrams and screenshots of set up info are essential. How are controllers connected? To a modem? A switch? Are you running the show from a Raspberry Pi or Beaglebone Black or what? Be as specific as possible.

techs2211

New elf
Ok my controllers are all pugged in via a switch. I am running my show from a desktop computer I have included pictures of my controller setup and how I have the controller setup in Xlights and how I have the models setup

Attachments

• sandevice.PNG
    sandevice.PNG
    71 KB · Views: 8
  • Xlight_Controller.PNG
    Xlight_Controller.PNG
    92.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Xlight_Layout.PNG
    Xlight_Layout.PNG
    109.6 KB · Views: 8

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
Ok my controllers are all pugged in via a switch. I am running my show from a desktop computer I have included pictures of my controller setup and how I have the controller setup in Xlights and how I have the models setup
Where it shows RGB in the drop down menu on the e682 page, change that option around until the colour matches what you are expecting. This could be your problem.

techs2211

New elf
Ok but I have them setup in vixen and they are working fine in that software I am trying to change to XLights now

ezellner

Full time elf
Although it won't make a difference with your issue, I'd suggest you update your E682 firmware to version 5.03. It has been available for a couple of years and is quite stable. It gives you access to each individual output on the controller rather than the groups of 4. It can help do a better setup job.