E682 for a "Mega" Tree

arw01

Full time elf
Curious if I am running a "mega" tree of 16 strands of 50 lights, what is my best way to set up the E682 channel wise etc?

It seems to me that running a set off each output is easiest, but I think I waste a few dozen channels every 3 "universes" is this correct?

And then in LSP how would you set up such a thing since you would be skipping over channels on the universes, or does it get smart enough to send a part on the universe to finish it up, and then onto the next one to continue onwards?

e.g.

univerese 1 on the E682 would give me 1-450 or three strings of 50, so would I start my 4th one on 451 run it to 512 and then start my next strand at universe 2 Number 1 or universe 2 513.

What's the difference on LSP's side since we deal with Zones instead?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't know much about the E682 but after reading a bit I don't know that I want to. Based on my reading of page 10 of http://sandevices.com/documents/E682_Operating_Manual.pdf it looks like you are limited to 4 outputs for any 1 pixel type. I don't know if the 4 sets of 4 outputs have the same data coming out in the different protocols but for the sake of this discussion it doesn't matter. It looks like you have 12 universes to play with (6 depending on where you read about E682 on San Devices website). If those 12 universes can be pumped out at a rate of 3 universes per output then you have 510 pixels (1530 channels) per output available. Depending on what else you are using the E682 for you can get away with using 2 outputs.
LSP can be configured any which way to match how you physically connect your pixels up.

arw01

Full time elf
Re: E682 for a "Mega" Tree

Other than maybe getting the refresh rate too low, I could push the pixels up per output but do not know about the crossings of channels across universes.

arw01

Full time elf
Not completely Eddy, I am still a bit lost on some specifics.

So for simplicity

I am on Pixelnet via an etherdongle on zone 1 and have used all 4096 channels let say

So fro 4097 on up I am going use 16 strings of 50 minleon via the E682 controller on E1.31 mode

So I think I set that up as Zone2 in LSP.

I then draw a 3d tree (because some 2d visualizer bugs) and specify i have 16 strands of 50 and they go bottom to top.

Now the part I'm just not too clear on, and Allan might have helped me a bit:

1-1 on the E682 I could run let's say 150 channels (3 strings) and then I have LESS than 150 left from the 512-150 range. SO do I abandon that space and tell the E682 at 1-2 starts at universe 2 channel 1 OR does the E682 smart enough to know that i can start at universe 1 451 and it will roll over to universe 2 at some pixel 20 or so on that 4th string?

And from there does LSP really care?

Alan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
You can use Zone 1 for your E1.31 because its a different protocol to the pixelnet.

With LSP there are 3 things to manage

First is the channel numbers within the LSP grid, these can be anything you want, so you could start at channel 20000 if you desired.

The second part is the E1.31 mapping app. This now allows you to map those LSP channels to universes. So for example you have an element that spans across 3 universes. so the way to map this is:

LSP grid channels - 1500 (3 universes) so if we started at 20000 then our channel 1 from our tree would be 20000 and finish at 21499

Now universe 1 would be set up as a 500 channel universe and its starting channel would be 20000
Now universe 2 would be set up as a 500 channel universe and its starting channel would be 20500
Now universe 2 would be set up as a 500 channel universe and its starting channel would be 21000

So as you can see our tree channels that are sequential in the grid are now made sequential for the universes.

Now all thats left is to allocate those universes to the appropriate outputs for your controller. (its been a while since i played with a Sandevices so im not much help there.