E682 Outputs in Use and new 4x Firmware

TitanBry77

New elf
Hey all,
I finally got my new 682 running, and found I needed 3 null pixels in the line for a run that was 60ft away from the box.
Now I'm having trouble understanding the new 4x firmware. There is a section "Outputs in Use" so for output "1" I could put 0-4, does that mean if I put 4, it's connectors 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4?
If so, why when I set it to 4 (which I will eventually have once fully setup), when I do that, the 1 strand that I do actually have connected at 1-1, the null pixels go bananas. If I set the outputs in use back to just 1, since I'm only plugged in on 1-1 for now, the 3 null pixels go blank (as they should) and the strip goes back to normal test mode.
It's confusing? Further down the line where you set your null pixels, I just put "3" in the "Null Pixels" section under box "1".
Is this normal operation? Just want to make sure I have it all right before I connect the rest of it up.
Thanks!

Shanta

New elf
I'm not sure I'm following your question, so forgive me if I'm off base. The "output in use" checkbox refers to the physical connection on the board, is it in use. If it is, the box gets checked and then you define how it's being used: protocol, physical pixels, how many physical pixels make up a logical pixel, color order, and the universe and channel the start the string. So, if you had 3 150 pixel strips attached to output 1, you would check output 1 as in use, select the protocol, put 450 in the length, put 1 in count if you want to control them individually, select the right color order, and set the start universe and channel, probably both 1, and in your case put 3 in the null pixels. That should work.

TitanBry77

New elf
Ok thanks, I am still having an issue. This is on the new firmware so maybe it is a bit different then the version you are describing?
What is strange for my setup, I have pixels connected at 1-1, 1-2, 1-3, 1-4. The longest strip on any of the connection is 46 pixels. If I set all the null pixels to 0. Everything works ok, except my null pixels in my cables that connect the strips are lit up. If I set the null pixels to what they should be for each cable, the pixels go crazy, flickering, crazy colors etc.
For my pixels connected at 2-1, 2-2, 2-3, 2-4, everything works great, I set my null pixels to what they actually are, everything goes well.
I don't understand what is happening on Universe 1.