E682 Setup - New Install Help Please

TitanBry77

New elf
Hey all, great forum. I've been trying like crazy to get my E682 up and going.
I can't find anything in the documentation on what the LED status lights on the left side of the board should be. Right now I get all the orange lights lit, red light is lit and the green is a fast flicker/blink?
I plugged in a strip I got and I don't get a test pattern either. I can't access this thing via Ethernet, so I'm wondering if she's even right with that green light flickering.
Anyone have anymore info before I go chasing a ghost lol.

Thanks!

Habbosrus

Back again
The green led flicker means it is sending out a signal. If it's new it is defaulted to a test pattern. I know this as I recently got a e6804 and was wondering the same thing. However, you should be able to access via Ethernet. The e6804 default 192.168.1.206. Have you tried that? Connect directly to the e682 from your computer and try that. Ensure your computer is in the same ip range 192.168.1.***

TitanBry77

New elf
Thanks, I just figured out that mine came with version 4 firmware so that is why the "mode" I thought I was putting it in for the temporary IP was wrong.

So now, I was able to log in and set a compatible IP address and can access all the setup data.
I still can not get any of my strips to run a test pattern though. They are the Ray Wu 2811 strip http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/5m-led-digital-strip-DC12V-input-WS2811IC-256-scale-10pcs-IC-and-30pcs-5050-SMD-RGB/701799_568458133.html
I can't figure out how to get this thing to run a test mode. I checked voltage and it's set correctly, I have 12V between GND and V+ on all of the 16 connectors on the 682. Not sure what else to do. Want to test the strips before I start putting them up.

DanJ

Full time elf
I just got my E682 few weeks ago. It is equipped with firmware version 4.026 if I am remembering correctly. Jim, at SanDevices, sent me a firmware owner's manual for the newer firmware version and there are several items different than the owner's manual posted on the SanDevices site, for your info. I just went thru a lot of trouble getting mine up & running. I could get test patterns out of it only. If you are not able to "see it" on your browser, there is a method of "forcing" the IP to a 254.xx.74.73 value (can't remember all the numbers). You can do a START-PROGRAMS-CMD then at the prompt input IPCONFIG/ALL. That will show how your (I assume a home network) network is configured in terms of IP addresses. The newer firmware manual provides guidance in temp resetting your E682 by pushing the RESET pushbutton on your controller then holding down the PROG pushbutton and watching the red/yellow LEDs on the board. My network is set to 192.168.1.206 for the controller, so I have to do an "override 6" (hold down PROG PB until you see the yellow LED flash six times then let go). I "think" I attached a copy of the firmware manual to this post.

DanJ

Full time elf
So, now I need some more help in getting my E682 back up & running please!!! About a week and half ago I set it up on two different networks (one home and one at another location) and both worked fine once I performed the proper "overrides" using pushbuttons on the controller to set the IP address of the controller such that it was consistent with the network in use (e.g. 192.168.x.206). I achieved control of my RGBs via xlights, LOR, and SACNVIEW at both locations. I have since powered down the controller, moved it to the remote location, and reset its IP address so it is consistent with the remote location. The controller's webpage comes up just fine and I can generate test signals (flashes, chases, etc) but when I set the controller to receive "real" data it does not respond now even though it did before. I verified that all three of my "signal generators" (LOR/xlights/SACNVIEW) are indeed generating DMX data streams, but the controller is not receiving any packets, according to its webpage. I set it up exactly as I did a week and a half ago (PC wireless to router and controller hard line LAN connected to router LAN port) when it worked fine, but now it is not responding. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

kane

Dedicated elf
DanJ said:
So, now I need some more help in getting my E682 back up & running please!!! About a week and half ago I set it up on two different networks (one home and one at another location) and both worked fine once I performed the proper "overrides" using pushbuttons on the controller to set the IP address of the controller such that it was consistent with the network in use (e.g. 192.168.x.206). I achieved control of my RGBs via xlights, LOR, and SACNVIEW at both locations. I have since powered down the controller, moved it to the remote location, and reset its IP address so it is consistent with the remote location. The controller's webpage comes up just fine and I can generate test signals (flashes, chases, etc) but when I set the controller to receive "real" data it does not respond now even though it did before. I verified that all three of my "signal generators" (LOR/xlights/SACNVIEW) are indeed generating DMX data streams, but the controller is not receiving any packets, according to its webpage. I set it up exactly as I did a week and a half ago (PC wireless to router and controller hard line LAN connected to router LAN port) when it worked fine, but now it is not responding. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!

My guess is that the problem out of the above setup is the wireless between your PC and the router. You would probably have in your e1.31 configuration, a choice of which adapter to send e1.31 data out (it'll have a choice of loopback, plus your wired ethernet adapter, plus your wireless - you'll need to make sure that you choose the wireless one)

Alternatively, your wireless router may not be allowing the traffic through.. I don't know if wireless routers would accept Multicast traffic and send it through..

Also, if you're using unicast, then you might have the old IP address setup in your software.

With all that being said, I don't know about the suitability of wireless for e1.31 data - I would suggest that it wouldn't be a great choice, but don't have any personal experience with it.. (if it was a good choice, then I'd say you'd find e1.31 controllers with inbuilt wifi)