E68X & J1SYS and pixelnet strips?????

battle79

Full time elf
Sure I remember reading about this somewhere.
Can't remember if it was a yea or neigh even.

So if anyone has any info on interoperability that would be great.

I've been trying to find details on the 1804/9 chips used in pixelnet and if pixelnet uses them any different to normal or if it is close to how J1sys pushes out 4 universes over one output. Any documentation or details appreciated.

Cheers,
Rowan

battle79

Full time elf
So in essence pixelnet is just doing the same thing as Ed is and pushing more than one universe of pixels out?And being 12V, injection is less of an issue, ie it can run a whole strip without injection.

Still learning,
Rowan

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
battle79 said:
So in essence pixelnet is just doing the same thing as Ed is and pushing more than one universe of pixels out?And being 12V, injection is less of an issue, ie it can run a whole strip without injection.

Still learning,
Rowan

Pixelnet and E1.31 achieve the same outcome, its that pixelnet is more like a DIY proprietry communiaction where you are limited to using their stuff, E1.31 is a recognised standard so this means you are not trapped to using just pixel net. The chips used within the strip are varied and bothe the J1SYS and Sandevices controllers can run many different types, the pixel net is only the 1804 pixel type that can be used. In the end after looking at this thread I wonder why someone would spend a lot more to have to build something that will limit their choices.