Easiest "style" of RGB pixel for mounting

Bill Ellick

Full time elf
Thanks for the comparison Phil.
I agree on Nutcracker as well. It is shaping up as a wonderous tool for pixel work. Amazing what he is putting together for folks to be able to work with.
I also think that this year or next will be the beginning of a turning point in sequencing for large count displays whether standard lights or pixels, although pixel displays are the growing "way to go" for an animated light display.
I can see the beginnings of controllers for the interfacing of live action and real time control is starting to show up in more things and will become much more apparent as the control systems hardware is brought out to allow a more seamless integration between songs and lights.
Won't be that much longer before we see more of an automatic type of sequencing being possible with things. That capability will free up some for much more complex display layouts as well as some extremely tight timing inovations as well as letting a person concentrate more on the little aspects that make things really pop in a display rather than having to spend so much time on each and every .01 second of a song as is the current methods.
While sequencing is the actual process that sets us all apart from each other and is the "labor of love" that really drives a display, it can also become a tedious part of it as well. I see where many (myself included at times) become tired after a time and we get "sloppy" (not intentionally but just from exhaustion I think) and our sequencing can suffer. It does become easy to lose your drive after you hear a song 300 times while working on it, or you start to short cut things to try and get it finished. The newer programs along with hardware improvements will help free us up to concentrate on all apsects of it as well as the sequencing and give a little breathing room while sequencing to make life easier in the long run.
Certainly a very interesting and exciting time to be in this hobby as things progress forward. You almost don't want to blink for fear of missing something nowdays!