Easy cutouts

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
i am at heart as lazy as i can be. A couple of years ago i decided that i needed to have some cutouts as my huge yard just looked too empty with just a few blinky blinky lights so I went out and bought a few cutouts that were assembled onto waterproofed mdf. The following year i decided that i needed more and went looking where to find some. There was nothing much available locally so i looked online. I saw a fair few nice images that would look good as cutouts. My next thought was how do i get these from online onto my front lawn. The easy solution that wasn't necessarily the cheapest was to grab some jpgs online (many of these were from royalty free sites :) ), enlarge the image so they are a few thousand pixels by a few thousand pixels, clean up the image so it doesn't look all blocky and then send it off to local signwriter who digitally printed them for me and bonded it to corflute. Exchanged a few dollars and then went round to a mates place who ran the pics through his scroll saw. I supplied the corflute sheets which were mainly 2'x3' and cost me 50c a sheet at recovery yard attached to local tip. The signwriter charged me maybe $35 per image and the mate whipped them through his saw in a couple minutes each. The corflute pics are meant to last about 10yrs which is about 100 in Xmas years.

Falksonchristmas

Christmas all year around.
I got nearly the same ideas, Here in Sweden ther is not so many places to by ready made figures so i decided to make my own, using plywwod , take a picture from internet magnify it with a projector on the board and the cut it out and paint, look at my webb under Santas-workshop there are som pictures.
http://falksonchristmas.cybersite.nu

justinj

Apprentice elf
Some of those cutouts are AWESOME Falkson!
If you ever...you know...come to Australia...you can always leave one on my doorstep ;)

Beacy

It's so much better on the dark side
Like the idea of the signwriter we have always hand drawn on ply, luckily we a both reasonably good at drawing and the wife has the painting skill. (I knew all that money spent on folk art classes would come in handy one day) But I do like the Igloo idea

Falksonchristmas

Christmas all year around.
Thanks for your nice comments, glad you like the display. Would love to visit Australia, some day maybe it´s a long trip to make ;) But I am very glad that I found you guys!
Have a nice weekend everybody, greetings from Sweden!