Easy light linker in Australia ?

924aussie

Full time elf
Is there a substitute for the easy light linker available to link controllers in Australia ?

Alan

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
For the cost of them I'd look at doing it with a PI running FPP and a wipi. Any wireless option is susceptible to packet loss though.

ecbailey

Full time elf
[SIZE=small]If you're running E1.31 rather than LOR Network or pure DMX then just use decent quality wifi access points setup as point to point link. [/SIZE]
[/size]
[/size][SIZE=small]I am presently using this method to control the lights on the house across the road from me. I bought two of these however they are probably utter overkill:[/SIZE]
[/size]
[/size][SIZE=small]http://www.citytechnology.com.au/store/ubiquiti/ubiquiti-nanostation/nanostation-ns-m5-802.11a-n-600mw-16dbi-nsm5[/SIZE]
[/size]
[/size][SIZE=small]The main reasons I chose that one specifically is 1) 5GHz so less congestion 2) seems to be weather proof 3) easy to setup 4) has a 'secondary' ethernet port that allows you to essentially feed the data in and then back out to the rest of my yard and 5) power over ethernet (adapter included), so no need to run power to the thing as well as data. 6) enterprise grade without the price[/SIZE][SIZE=small]

[/SIZE][SIZE=small]If you decided to go down this track feel free to PM me for some detailed setup help or choosing the best device.[/SIZE]
[/size]
[/size][SIZE=small]Last year I did the same thing with a couple of old wifi aps I had lying around - it did mainly work but jammed up from time to time. This has not failed yet.[/SIZE]

924aussie

Full time elf
I have raised a help desk request to see if it possible to have a dip switch in the ELL to run them in the 915 to 928 range, this has been done with other transceivers used in Australia where we are not allowed to run between 902 to 915 MHz