Easy Tune In Sign

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Hi,

I have just finished making my new Tune in sign for my new display. After other years of people not really seeing the Tune in sign I decided to make it a little bigger (hopefully people might catch on a bit quicker this year).

This sign is quick and easy to make and only uses 3 RGB channels.

I ordered some letter stickers from ebay and bought four of the cheap no structural pine battens from Bunnings, some left over corro flute, and some RGB 12V strip, I used a bit of ply for the backing but corro flute could be used. I will be using two star pickets to hold the sign up.

The stickers are placed in position on white corro flute and then the whole area is spray painted black. Once the paint is dry just peel back the stickers and your done.

Attachments

• IMG_2625.JPG
    IMG_2625.JPG
    528.3 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_2631.JPG
    IMG_2631.JPG
    400.5 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_2636.JPG
    IMG_2636.JPG
    478.3 KB · Views: 129

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Looks good Bevo!
Any pics of it at night lit up?

Bevo

Let your Light Shine before men
Here is a couple of colours ;)

Attachments

• IMG_2690.JPG
    IMG_2690.JPG
    342.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2688.JPG
    IMG_2688.JPG
    369.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2689.JPG
    IMG_2689.JPG
    334.4 KB · Views: 56

Jamie

Lighting up the night.
Love the colour changing options... Just check about your channel ending in .0. . We have previously found that digital car radios couldn't tune to even end numbers.. Changed ours from .8 to .9 a couple of years back.. Nil issues since..

Wolfie

Full time elf
Jamie (Christmas On Bisley) said:
Love the colour changing options... Just check about your channel ending in .0. . We have previously found that digital car radios couldn't tune to even end numbers.. Changed ours from .8 to .9 a couple of years back.. Nil issues since..

Here in the states as well. While EDM (and maybe others) transmitters can and will transmit on even frequencies, the standard car radio may not. The standard is odd for licensed broadcast stations for most countries now. So you need .1, .3, .5, .7 or .9 ending frequency to be sure everyone can tune to it.

However, many receivers can drift to the evens and still lock onto the signal from tuning .9 (below) or .1 (above).

scamper

Dedicated elf
Jamie (Christmas On Bisley) said:

That is correct. In Australia our FM frequency range is from 88.1mhz to 108.1mhz stepping in 200khz increments, Which means odd numbers only.
Most radios will search only within this range. (odd numbers)

Goliath

Full time elf
Well, I never knew that. Not too many synchronised to music shows up here, but the one I've seen uses 92.0 FM. My car radio linked in ok.

Wolfie

Full time elf
Goliath said:
Well, I never knew that. Not too many synchronised to music shows up here, but the one I've seen uses 92.0 FM. My car radio linked in ok.

Some will. Some won't. Its really hit and miss as to which will and won't. And age doesn't seem to matter either new car/old car some will some won't. All really old ones (twisty knob with needle) will since you can tune anything. But not many of those left on the road. Best to be on an odd frequency to be sure all can hear.