Easy Way To Waterproof Pixels ??

DearJoel

New elf
After last years disaster with water messing up my RGB lights, I have new strings of lights, rated at IP68. But still I am concerned about water and would like a way to seal the lights..

While I have heard clear caulk is good, plasti-dip has been suggested (looks very messy) this came up in my readings

Can I get the brain trust the comment on spray-on superhydrophobic coating?

Details here
http://www.onlinefabricstore.net/rust-oleum-never-wet-multi-surface-frosted-clear-.htm?cvsfa=2700&cvsfe=2&cvsfhu=313137323634&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Google+-+PLA+-+Fabric+-+PG

The video that makes me think it might work here:
NeverWet Arrives - Hands-On Product Demonstration

Looking forward to your thoughts.

Best

Joel Dearing

BundyRoy

Dedicated elf
Looks like it would work well as a surface sealant. No so sure it would work well sealing up the ends of the silicone cover on strip lights where there is odd shaped holes to fill up to prevent water entry. Was sort of hard to concentrate on the video after watching the waterproofed cardboard esky though.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
Have you read the independent reviews for this item? I one I read said they loved it and it did what it's advertised to do however it doesn't last and within minutes (after it had dried as directed) if you touch where you have spray the stuff starts to come off as white flakes. Do your research first or just buy one to test and then you could everyone here know how well it really works.

viennaxmas

New elf
I have tried the rustoleum stuff.. Pretty messy too and even worse, I still had pixels failing due to water. A lot less than before but still a lot more than I hoped.