ECG-D2 Output pinout

Wolfie

Full time elf
The ECG-D2 has two RJ-45 connectors for output of the DMX. What is the pinout for these connections to wire to XLR plugs?

Am I correct that DMX has a reasonable limit on distance of cable in excess of 1000m?

Is there a PDF with operation information (yes, I have the P2/D2 Quick Notes PDF).

ECG-D2-2.JPG

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Nope.
There's no picture as such. You need to work from the table and there's either 3 pin or 5 pin XLR/Canon connectors that are used.
RJ45 & XLR Pin Chart You can use the pin detail below to make adapter between ESTA standard RJ45, LOR RJ45 and XLR connectors.
Signal RJ45 XLR
ESTA LOR Renard 3 Pin 5 Pin
Data + 1 4 5 3 3
Data - 2 5 4 2 2
Data Common 7 6 1+2 1 1

Wolfie

Full time elf
AAH said:
Nope.
There's no picture as such. You need to work from the table and there's either 3 pin or 5 pin XLR/Canon connectors that are used.
RJ45 & XLR Pin Chart You can use the pin detail below to make adapter between ESTA standard RJ45, LOR RJ45 and XLR connectors.
Signal RJ45 XLR
ESTA LOR Renard 3 Pin 5 Pin
Data + 1 4 5 3 3
Data - 2 5 4 2 2
Data Common 7 6 1+2 1 1
Um... doesn't that match the above diagram image I posted? And yea, I know there are 3 and 5 pin XLR. All mine are 3 pin.

RJ1+2 > XlR1 (common)
RJ4 > XLR2 (D-)
RJ5 > XLR3 (D+)

RJ3, RJ6-8 = NC

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
The diagram isn't even remotely close. It is for connecting an XLR dmx output to a Renard input.

ESTA (from D2)

3 or 5 Pin XLR
Data + 1

Data - 2

Data Common 7

As the D2 uses ESTA pinout the diagram that you posted has a dead short between the Data + and - wires. If you have wired up like this there is every possibility that you may damage the output drivers in the D2 :(

Wolfie

Full time elf
AAH said:
The diagram isn't even remotely close. It is for connecting an XLR dmx output to a Renard input.

ESTA (from D2)

3 or 5 Pin XLR
Data + 1

Data - 2

Data Common 7

As the D2 uses ESTA pinout the diagram that you posted has a dead short between the Data + and - wires. If you have wired up like this there is every possibility that you may damage the output drivers in the D2 :(

No, not wired anything. Still have to get to a store this week and buy some XLR connectors.

Oh! I see now, your table headers were one column off in your first post! Here is how the table should have been...
RJ45 XLR
Signal ESTA LOR Renard 3 Pin 5 Pin
Data + 1 4 5 3 3
Data - 2 5 4 2 2
Data Common 7 6 1+2 1 1

Thank you very much for clearing it up. I have been working hard on other display elements and have ignored the D2 for now. But I got the mega tree erected today and should finish the eve and window outlines tomorrow. So now time to turn my attention to the floods.

I really appreciate you helping me with the wiring!