ecg D4 configuration

dannyp

Full time elf
Hi all I have a new ECG D4 which I would like to use with some LOR CCRs that I have. So I have an E1.31 set up where the D4 is connected to my router (all ok as I can communicate and configure the D4). The D4 IP is 192.168.1.160. From the D4 I have s short cable going to a little converted that I bought from David AVD which acts like a crossover. Then I have a cable going to the CCR. THe CCR is unit 01. It appears to be communicating as the red light on the CCR is solid. My D4 config is

Port 1 DMX 250kps Univ 1 has 1 under it Univ 2, 3 and 4 have 0 under them. LIOP is checked
Keep Alive settings

#1 Y Y 30 0 o 512

The problem is that I cant get the lights to come on. I am using a LOR program where the the ntewor preference is set to E1.31 where Univ 1 is set to 192.168.1.160

Can someone give me a clue what I am doing wrong?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I don't know that you are doing anything wrong necessarily. The problem may be that the ccr needs to be driven with lor data rather than dmx. I've never seen a ccr or looked at how it's controlled but I imagine that if you are using a ccr controller that could be the issue. If you happen to have a usb dongle I would try using the same settings and pump dmx at the ccr rather than lor data and see if anything happens.

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
If no one gets back to or you don't fix it by tomorrow I will have a look as I am running the same system (D4 into LOR DC boards and LOR pixel string) except with Vixen but can check it with LOR as I also have that software.

Did you change the unit ID using the LOR software and how old are the CCR's as they may not be DMX comparable, however you maybe able to upgrade the firmware.

dannyp

Full time elf
Hi the CCRs are 4 years old and the documentation indicates you can run them in DMX but I will update the firmware. As for the unit ID yes they are set correctly as I used the hardware utility in LOR to check it

ChristmasInKaralee

Senior elf
See attached how I have my D4 setup for LOR.

#1 is for my LOR DC boards and
#2 if for my LOR strings

It looks different to your setup so maybe try this as it works fine for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26

Ɠαяєтн

Mae gen i C.L.A.P ei heintus iawn
Do you have the LOR Control Panel Running and does the listener show communication on universe 1? Also without a LOR USB plugged in you need to check the control lights every time before you play a sequence in the sequence editor.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
I can tell you there is nothing wrong with your D4 setup. mine is set exatly like that and works with both LOR and previously included a CCR.
gareth has mentioned a common overlook when outputting DMX in LOR and you should check that out.

If you are still not having any joy, Go back to the beginning and start trouble shooting. Start by taking the software out of the equation and use a test program like DA_E131.
Using this program you can make sure that your hardware,cable and adapters are working.

dannyp

Full time elf
Thanks for the suggestion. I am away from home for the week but will check on the weekend.

many thanks