ECG-D4 to DMX Through Xlights Issue **Solved**

grungle25

Apprentice elf
[SIZE=small]Hi All[/SIZE]

I am running 5 Dumb RGB Mini Trees on an AVD48 through a port on a ECG-D4. Testing channels 1-15 of universe 1 on da_e131 and it works perfect. I have the same setup in Xlights but can't get any of the lights to do their thing. [SIZE=small]I have tried different ports on the D4 (and reconfigured as I go) and it works great with da_e131 just not with xLights.[/SIZE]

Thanks in advance for any help. My brain is hurting. :D

Glenn

Gilrock

Full time elf
Re: ECG-D4 to DMX Through Xlights Issue

You really didn't say what you have setup in xLights and how you are trying to test. Are you using the test tab or are you dropping an effect on a model on the sequencer grid? Did you click the light bulb to enable output? Some screen shots of your various setup pages would help.

grungle25

Apprentice elf
Re: ECG-D4 to DMX Through Xlights Issue

Sorry Gil

Yeah didn't provide anywhere near enough info in that post. Duh....

Anyway I have been testing using the test tab and my base line test was with my P12R driving heaps of pixels. It was universe 2-10 and tested well.

I have just found the issue and I still don't really understand it. Not that it matters :)

I had Universe 1 set to 35 channels in size because I was going to drive some flood lights that didn't pan out. It was an odd number because the floods started on channel 2. At that stage the trees were 21-35. When I gave up on the floods I changed the trees to be 1-15.

I had an idea (it was idea number 43567) that I should just allocate all the channels available on the AVD48. On the setup I changed universe 1 to be 48 channels then went and updated all the models after the trees by adding 13 to their starting channels......and it worked.

Thanks for the reply Gil!

Glenn