ECG-DR4 DMX and Renard & LSP

slug

New elf
My configuration is on Port 1 of the DR4 I've got it set to Renard. A 64XC and (2) 16SS controllers hanging off of Port 1. Port 2 is configured for DMX. A 48LSD with the DMX flashed PICS. I'm going to be running 5050 dumb strips off of the 48 LSD. I've added the ECG-DR4 controller into my LSP sequence. I'm not really sure how to differentiate the Renard channels from the DMX channels. There's not a whole lot of configuration information.

I don't quite have a firm grip on the DMX channel numbering yet. I'm just using separate universes for all of my other controllers. I've got a painful week coming up. Maybe I'll have lights by December.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
If you are going through a DR4 then treat them all as E1.31/dmx channels because from the software you are outputting E1.31 so the software will consider all controllers down stream regardless of being renard, DMX or E1.31 as the same thing as they all start from an E1.31 output from the software.

You wont be able to mix renard and DMX from the same output of the DR4, you will have to dedicate one output to be configured as renard (as long as the firmware on your controllers is renard and not DMX) and another output configured as DMX. Just make sure with the renard that you set the DR4 correctly with the bridge terminals to get the correct physical pin configuration output from the port.