ECG-DR4 / LSP / renard -- Laggy response

steve_hirst

New elf
OK, I have watched the setup video for DMX (your videos are always helpful, Thanks.) the problem that I have is in the lightshow pro software when I go to configure the output I can not find an option for E1.31 renard output. Just one for dmx and what I am trying to find out is how you all setup the software output to work with renard.

I do have to admit that I have just bought the software and the ecg-dr4. I have not hooked it up to any controllers to test it but I have upgraded the firmware and set the jumpers and settings on the web page for the ecg. I am just trying to find out how to setup the output for lightshow pro to work with a renard network on the ECG. I am not trying to discurage the use of either the ECG or LSP as they are both great products (which is why I bought them).

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The output you want is the E1.31 regardless of being DMX or renard as LSP is communicating directly in E1.31 to the ECG-DR4
What may be your issue is that you are not seeing any controllers set up as E1.31 in the controller selection list.
All you do is drag any controller in and then you can change the properties of that controller so you then create a E1.31 controller

You may want to go have a look at this thread over at LSP forums that has a tutorial on setting up hardware http://www.lightshowpro.com/showthread.php?1134-Video-Demos