ECG-DR4 Production And Shipping Status

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Community project designer
They're Here!!!

The boards arrived this morning and we've been testing all day. All boards have been tested through 4 passes of testing with acceptable failure/reject levels at each pass.

The boards are fully tested and functional to the level of an ECG-M32. Meaning ALL Master functions and Ethernet connectivity has been fully tested. I've plugged and un-plugged power and Ethernet cables more times in the last 10 hours than I may have done since my ISP owner days in total.

Tomorrow (Sunday) we will test the Slave functions and on Monday test the RS-485 connectivity functions. Then start final individual testing as we package each one for shipment on Tuesday.

-------

Now for the bad news - September is Ending at Noon EDT USA on Monday 11 Oct 2010. Not actually. We all know that September ended 9 Days ago. But the CIS pricing will close at that time.

All orders need to be placed by that time and payment should be made ASAP thereafter. Aussie Relay Express (ARE) buyers should especially arrange for payment quickly. The ARE shipment will be made first and late payers will then be held until next week for a second ARE shipment.

-Ed

j1sys

There are no rules, and those are the rules.
Well there ain't enough hours in the day ....

Worked REAL hard all day to get the ARE shipment ready and when the clock struck four and I had one hour to get to the post office before it closed I still had three more hours of work!!!

So the ARE shipment will go to the post office tomorrow morning (Saturday). We do have Saturday postal service in the USA and it may make the first leg of its journey or it may just sit in some sorting room until Monday.

Either way we are upgrading it to an Express Guaranteed Service that may arrive at Phil's on Wednesday or Thursday. He has promised to turn it around same day and we are going to use Express service in Australia. So, good Lord willin' and the crick don't rise you may have some toys to play with next weekend.

Considering the SMD only boards arrived here last Saturday morning and all the software upgrades I've worked on this week I think we are doing as well as can be hoped for.

Just so you can dream of little DR4s dancing in your head here are a few photos.

Of course after Phil gets a nice looking pile of DR4s sitting in his house you may have to get together and form an assault squad to get him to release them.

As soon as I get back from the post office I will start final assembly and testing on the domestic orders and they should ship on Monday via Priority Mail.

TTFN

-Ed

www.j1sys.com/assets/DSC0261.JPG

www.j1sys.com/assets/DSC0262.JPG

www.j1sys.com/assets/DSC0263.JPG

www.j1sys.com/assets/DSC0264.JPG

SmartAlecLights

Im a SmartAlec what can i say!
wow Ed you have done great work again,
this time with the way the DR4 looks,
top job ED cant wait to receive it in the mail

Wombat

Full time elf
Oh There is my little bundle of Hyper joy. He looks soooo Prerty.

i cant wait for the stork to deliver him to me

Wombat

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Looks to be perfect timing as i now have my controller boxes built and tested and ready to test with the ECG. Great work Ed, I appreciate the effort in getting these out to us all, you make me proud to share the same name :D