ECG-P12R Channels

garyjac1

Apprentice elf
G'Day,

The P12R is described in the 101 manual as having 6144 channels (12 x 512 DMX) available.

When describing this controller to LightShow Pro (Add a New Controller) should 6144 / 3 be the logical number of channels set for this controller?

Various elements in the display are then allocated to various ranges within the channels available?

Regards,
Gary

Gilrock

Full time elf
I'm just trying to learn LSP but I thought in one video I watched they said the best way to deal with the E1.31 controllers is to think of it as adding an element instead of adding a controller. Drag a E1.31 controller over and then only map the channels you want for that element. Then do the same thing for another element even though it may exist on the same controller. Then you will use configuration wizards to map all the channels. I know I found a video around here that showed this.
Gil

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
http://auschristmaslighting.com/forums/index.php/topic,2404.0.html will show you the best method, create elements not controllers as this is how you get the most control and power from LSP. An element is just basically a controller that you create with just the number of channels that the element uses. This allows for easier management of all your display elements when sequencing and grouping into layers for use with transitions and macros.