ECG-P12R Help please

Streetrodder

New elf
I am working on everything and when I try to get the P12 to connect with Ethernet it will not connect, but it connects just fine with the USB. I am coming out of my computer USB to Light-O-Rama USB485B and from that to the P12. Will this work hooked up this way or am I doing something wrong?

anon

Apprentice elf
What are you trying to do to connect it to the ethernet?

The first step is to ensure your PC is on the same subnet as the default (10.10.10.x). Then head to the default web page (10.10.10.10). If this all works, then the rest should just be a matter of making sure the config is correctly setup to ensure the universes/pixels are correctly addressed and outputting to the right output.

lithgowlights

Dedicated elf
Streetrodder said:
I am coming out of my computer USB to Light-O-Rama USB485B and from that to the P12. Will this work hooked up this way or am I doing something wrong?

It will not work like that. The LOR connections may use a cat 5 cable but they are NOT ethernet. The P12R needs to connect to the network port on your PC eithor via a network switch (Which is what the majority of us do) or directly connected if it is the 1 item. I suggest the switch as any cable or P12R issues could damage the network port of the PC rather than the switch, and a switch is easily replaceable.

Streetrodder

New elf
Ok, thanks everyone for the help so far, I have the network switch wired in and I have connected the P12R with the USB and now have it hooked up through the ethernet as well, I have tried to set up the IP addresses and have tried the 2nd subnet but that is where I am having issues. I have changed my IP address to 10.10.10.1 and the subnet to 255.255.255.0 and it connected but I switched my IP back to what it was originally and tried to add the second and now the only way I can get it to connect is with the USB. I have tried to read all the old posts I could find related to this and have read all the manuals and have Eddy's ECG-P12R manual printed and sitting beside me and I am completely lost as to where I need to go to get this connected with the ethernet, sorry guys any help is greatly appreciated. One other question I have is when I get all this working correctly then I don't know which end would be the correct end to hook up the 2811's, would it be the side which has the micro chip on that side or the other one where the micro chip is on the back side?

candlelight

New elf
i'm relatively new to this but learned a lot this summer hooking up my p12...
i think i'm a little confused because in my little experience, the p12R and USB should have nothing to do with each other. The p12r should hook into a network switch that connects directly to your ethernet port. No USB adapter or anything like that