ECG-P2 ethernet directly to computer

BrianJ

Full time elf
Glad you got it sorted. I always find it easier to start with the recommended and make changes from there. Good luck with your lights

BrianJ

Full time elf
they only thing I know of is that you need to make sure you add power to your lights after the P2 as it is not designed for any real current output. Trying to drive to many lights will cause issues.

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok thanks, i was just trying to find the post with the diagram so i get it right.

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Not really, I have my 2811 stuff speed set to 2400 and I also have a 1812 strip and have set that to 2000. Both work great at that speed (2400 flickered sometimes on the 1812 so lowered it).

Just make sure you enable E1.31 and also tick UBL enabled (in IP configuration part of P2 config page). Not 100% sure of what Artnet is so that is unticked in mine.

If it turns out your strip is diff to RGB you can change the order in the P2 setup, tis great.

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok i have the ws2811IC strips but i only see one cable for data so do I only run the data wire from the P2? Or do i combine the data and clock from the p2 and connect it to the data on the strip?

ShellNZ

Senior elf
Data from the P2 goes to data (DIN) on the strip. Clock is not used on the WS2811.

Then you have +12V from the strip to + on the PSU (not the P2).

Then you also have the GND that goes to P2 GND and another cable going from -ve on the PSU to GND of P2 as well.

yzguy96

Full time elf
there are 2 grounds on the ws2811ic do i just need to hook up the ground from the power supply with the ground coming from the P2 with one of the grounds on the 2811 strip or both?

yzguy96

Full time elf
ok so hook the ground from the PS and the P2 together then connect it to the ground on the 2811 strip instead of the ground that is connected with the data?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
This diagram may be of some assistance

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Attachments

• p2 wiring.JPG
    p2 wiring.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 66
  • power injection.JPG
    power injection.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 66

yzguy96

Full time elf
thanks, i saw this diagram but the clock wire threw my off...i did buy some of ray wu 3 core pig tails but they were in Europe wire format and i did not want to assume what the red, blue, green are for?

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
The wire colours basically there to diferntiate the wires, so regardless of the colour make sure you keep with the same wires you choose with all your connections.

I use

Brown for +V,
Blue for Gnd
yellow/green for data.