ECG-p2 multiple universe programming?

moogle

New elf
Hey everyone,

just wanting some confirmation on my ecg-p2 programming.

I have made a pixel display 1.2mx1.2m

it is 14x14 ws2801 modules.

Im splitting them in universes of 7x14. They are wired in snake from bottom left /up down.

So on my string config, i activate first two universes. Split the pixels 98 each.

I have turned on test mode and all the modules light up. However when the chase starts it gets to about pixel 30-40 and then starts a second chasing led on the 2nd universe? (does this mean i have configured it wrong?)

Now when it comes to programming do i simply configure them like this

universe 1
98 pixels so
3 channels per pixel
channel 1 to channel 294

universe 2
98 pixels so
3 channels per pixel
channel 1 to channel 294? (and not fill up the channels from universe one first?)

i know this may be a stupid question but i am having issues with patching my second universe in madrix. I want to confirm that its not my setup first.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP. THIS FORUM HAS BEEN SUCH A HELP TO ME AND MADE MY PROJECT POSSIBLE

-mog

mikest

New elf
Hi Mog,

Just wrestled with this one myself last night, and maybe the following will help.

I have attached the config for my setup, which I will need to put in context. I have built some pixel leaping arches ( 6 off ) each 64 pixels so all up 384 pixels which are running off string two. You will notice that 170+170+44 = 384.

What caught me out was I had to match this in the effects config and as you can still see in the config which is unticked I defined the mapping in sections #5B, #5C, #5D, this turned out to be incorrect and I needed to define this #6A, #7A, #8A. Once I did this everything started working with the correct mapping.

In Madrix I just defined a 6 x 64 matrix and it works out everything for you.

For your scenario I would suggest that you don't worry about splitting the universes, Just let Madrix do it for you, So with a 196 pixels define string one to be 170 and the "second" string to be 26.

In Madrix just define your matrix as 14 x 14 and it will automatically sort out the split to Universe two and all should be good.

Good luck.

Mike

Attachments

• String Config-bmp.jpg
    String Config-bmp.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 40
  • Effects Config-bmp.jpg
    Effects Config-bmp.jpg
    268.4 KB · Views: 41