ECGp12S trouble with 2812B strips

Phil H

New elf
I've just bought some rigid 2812B bars from Ray Wu - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1m-DC5V-WS2812B-LED-rigid-bar-32pixels-m-with-transparent-cover/1827806734.html but I'm having trouble getting any output from my P12S. I've updated to the latest firmware but in the string config there is no 2812 config just 2811. I've also seen on another post that 2812B can be run just with data and gnd outputs from the top board of the ECGP12S but I'd prefer to run power to the strips via the P12. I've used the 5v+, data and gnd outputs from the P12 directly to the strip but can't get anything on the strip. I've tried a few different speeds 1000 and 3000 but still no blinky flashy. Any suggestions about configuring the ECG P12S for 2812B would be greatly appreciated.

Robert

Apprentice elf
The ws2812b is a ws2811 with the ic built into the led. So choosing ws2811 on the configuration page is correct. I would mess with the baud rate. I've had some strips go as low as a 450 baud rate. It's a real PITA to deal with, but......... a small price to pay for such a big reward.

Also, have you tried checking the voltage at the end of the strip?

Phil H

New elf
The culprit was a blown fuse but also a dud strip. Replaced the fuse, tried a different strip, fiddled with the baud rate and finally success. I ended up at 3000 but once I add any length of cable I may need to dial down the baud rate a little. Anyway thanks for the tip on checking voltage output at the end of the strip which led me to the conclusion to check the fuse on the ECGP12. Love the 2812B rigid strips. A great way to build a matrix and I got Ray Wu to make them with waterproof 3 plugs at each end so that are a snap to replace if I ever have a problem,