Eddy spent all my money RGB show

G

GoofyGuy

Went this year to 100% Pixel based display. There were many who I bothered with questions, Eddy and Phil were on my email list the most. I thank them for all the help and I will be posting videos of my first year in RGB, this is my second year in animated lighting. Not bad 32 channels to 8100 channels. The whole house is 2811 3 leds per pixel 12v, the matrix is 2801 which I will never buy again 5v. The 2801 is way to frail, I can jump rope with the 2811's. Videos to come soon, so Ill attach a small pic for now.

YOLZJugUavL5W0YXfT_xRlMLBNVQhdK_swTDJt8sqBHHaBJyG8pq3vRi3pIgkZpbmM2-lHQETag

mick8248

Full time elf
Also from me, a big thx to Fasteddy and everyone else that helped out with all my questions, and to those that organised the group buys throughout the year.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
When you see the smiles you generate from your displays then you will think its money well spent. Now im just waiting for my 10% cut.

But im very happy to see all those new this year starting up their displays for the first time and the joy it gives to many and that ACL had a part in helping.

Now videos, videos, videos.... :D

Kaden

Pixels! I need more pixels!
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
When you see the smiles you generate from your displays then you will think its money well spent. Now im just waiting for my 10% cut.

But im very happy to see all those new this year starting up their displays for the first time and the joy it gives to many and that ACL had a part in helping.

Now videos, videos, videos.... :D

Alright you heard the man, send every tenth smile to FE.

I think I am due to send you a few already and the neighbors have only seen the tests of my display for a few mins.

Videos will be up next week when I go live, I love watching other people's displays too, so much respect and inspiration for/from them.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Excellent work and a great foundation for adding on in the future. Im sure you more than happy with the result.
Love those arch chases.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Great work and Eddy has spent your money well :)

Just out of curiosity what camera and setting did you use when you filmed your lights. A lot of people are having issues getting as clear a picture with no iris hunting etc.

Superman

I Have C.L.A.P and its very infectious
Global moderator
wow some people just have talent when it comes to sequencing. well done

G

GoofyGuy

Thanks guys. I do appreciate it I really do. Many sleepless nights and all I have complete are 2 songs and the other one Im going to trash when I finish up the other 3. Wizards in Winter I have failed completly and will going back to square one on. I havent posted any video over on the LOR baords yet.

First year in Pixels coming from 32 channels was a bit of a learning curve. All the crew here were willing to make sure I did it right and Im happy with the outcome. If it wasnt for a few here and a few over on the LOR boards theres no way it would have been possible. I was told many times I couldnt do it but Eddy, Phil, and BobO were my biggest motivators. Not saying I didnt have a ton of otther guys help out but in terms of the pixel world you go where you know you wont be lead wrong.

The camera was my Galaxy S3 phone! 1080p original. I have a better camera when I get all the sequences on the final polish done I will take it with that. 720p but 60 FPS makes for better twinkle capture. As for setting just have to use the infinite focus so its not hunting all the time.

Next years plans are already in the works. First I have to get some strips on order for my matrix as my 2801's are failing at an incredible rate. I had some neat stuff on there but its become so unreliable I only have station and song announcements on it now. The 2811's have done me well and they will be my front runner from here on out.

As for controllers Im using 2 E681's this year. Both have a full unused universe so I had room to grow. I will be updating the both of them for the 2 extra universes for next year as Im going to ramp it up quite a bit. Im still amazed at the hardware. I know there are 2 major pixel controllers out there and I know they both are great. The E681's have done me well so I will stick with them. I know the arguments for both and I know the J1Sys boards are great too and perhaps one day they will be in my yard as well. All the pixels on the house and arches are WS2811 12v 3led per pixel. They are very durable so far. I only ran extra power injection to the top windows as they are each 3 full strips modified to fit as you can see. The matrix is 5v 2801 pixels and they are fragile as can be, Im getting more and more failures with them daily. Maybe Im not delicate enough for them but they will not be around next year they will be dontated to anyone who wants them or straight into the trash.