EDM transmitter promotion (March 2017)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Hi all.
Just saw the below posted in an xlights forum so thought I'd spread the good word. I bought one last year and it works a treat, and I know other ACL members swear by these also. Get what you pay for, but at least this is a little sweetener!

Gang,

EDM is offering free shipping on their transmitters for a short period of time to members of Christmas light forums. Just wanted to pass it along, in case anyone was contemplating buying a transmitter.

Hi,

We have managed to fight off increasing our prices for another year, despite the rising material and shipping costs. Our products had no price increase for at least five years now. Unfortunately, we will be forced to adjust our prices later this year to recover some costs. In light of this, we decided to open our yearly special early to enable people to get one of these top transmitter kits before any price increase.

If you are a member of the Christmas Light group forums, we will be having a special with free standard shipping (insurance still optional), and a free rubber duck antenna included for the next 30-60 days or until current stock is depleted. Get your order in early!

Contact us on edm@global.co.za with your details about the group/s you belong to, as well as your order details.

You are welcome to pass this offer on to your fellow group members who are not a member on this forum.

EDM Team

__._,_.___

videoman3857

Full time elf
I purchased one of these from another member who decided not to continue with lights.
It was under a year old and started working intermittently. I had no receipt for the unit, other than my payment to the seller.
EDM were happy to cover the unit under warranty, unfortunately the Australian repair agent has retired and I would have to pay postage there and back to the USA for repair.
EDM contacted me again and asked the symptoms of the unit - from South Africa, they diagnosed a lazy 12MHZ Quartz crystal.
They were quite happy for me to replace the unit myself, it would not void my warranty and sent me photographs and instructions on how to do it.
26 cents for the crystal a spot of solder about 5 mins my time and hey presto it was up and working.
I would highly recommend these people and their units.
The sound quality is superb and the free freight and the addition of the rubber duck antenna is also a great bonus

ryanschristmaslights

Senior elf
Administrator
@Noel Richards I bought the EDM-LCD-CS-EP model years ago and it still works great. 'LCD-CS' is the cheaper of the two transmitters, and '-EP' means it comes with an enclosure (metal) & DC power adapter (US pins though - you'll need a US adapter or find/use an equivalent regulated DC adapter with Australian pins). I'm not aware of any current deals, but you can read about their transmitters at http://edmdesign.com/features-1.html and order (without any promotion applied) at http://edmdesign.com/orders-1.html

N.b. the transmitter is sold as a 'kit' but in this case it is a virtually completed product minus a single component, the DC barrel connection, which is provided loose and needs to be soldered on to complete the kit.

Kimbo3000

Apprentice elf
I too will be looking at getting an EDM transmitter at some stage. If someone finds any bargains, it would be good if they could be brought up here..

Thanks
Kimbo

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Noel I bought the same as Ryan, cheapest version. Only need to solder do jack onto board which is simple to do, even I could do it!
Great working unit, worth the investment. Email them to see if they are able to include antenna for free as per original offer. No harm in asking right?

Noel Richards

Full time elf
Noel I bought the same as Ryan, cheapest version. Only need to solder do jack onto board which is simple to do, even I could do it!
Great working unit, worth the investment. Email them to see if they are able to include antenna for free as per original offer. No harm in asking right?

Thanyou for your help.