Effect Config screen caused test pattern NOT to work.

Greg.Ca

Apprentice elf
Just for everybody's benefit, I had a problem with getting the test pattern working and was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why. As it turns out, I DID have a P12R and had no problem with it last year. Now I have 3 P12S's and could not get the test pattern to work. As it turns out, I had 01A, 01B, 01C and 01D ALL checked as active. I only needed 01A checked. After I unchecked 01B, 01C, and 01D my test pattern immediately worked.

Can someone explain what exactly these are? Why are there four of them? And by the way, LEAVE SWITCH #4 down as it is not needed to be flipped up to test the strips. ENABLE the test pattern in software. --Greg--

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
These allow you to put up to 4 different configurations for that string/output. So for example you have 3 strings but they are all different RGB orientation then you could apply 3 different configurations for that output based on the channel ranges you set for each string.
So it allows more flexability to apply multiple configurations in multiple sections of the string/strip

Gray_magic

The CLAP is highly infectous and incurable!!!
That is some very handy information there. It's something to remember if I ever get multiple strips from different suppliers with a different string configuration.

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
It allows more than the ability to have 4 different RGB configurations per output.

Another example may be when using null pixels, you may have a run that may have 3 or 4 lengths between elements that require a null pixel between the elements, so you can then use the different configurations to then create upto 4 sections in your run that may have a null pixel.

So the ability to have 4 different configurations per output can be very handy indeed.