effects on groups

perigalacticon

New elf
I was wondering if someone could help me get a display working for today, for the 4th of July here in the US. I need to put an effect on a group that will overwrite the effects on the models in the group so the group effect is on top of them. How do I do this?

I have an american flag that is a group consisting of 2 custom models, one for the stars, one for the stripes. The stripes have a few submodels for adding different effects. The Stars has a one layer for the background color. I attached a video of the current flag and a screenshot of the sequence:

4th of july flag.mp4

I want to put the fireworks effect on top of the flag, and also text like "USA", but I can't make this work.

I tried using a 2nd flag group with the group effects added to it, below the first flag group in the display elements list, but the group effects are still overwritten by the model effects.

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks,
Stephen

Attachments

• xlights screenshot 4th of july.PNG
    xlights screenshot 4th of july.PNG
    949.6 KB · Views: 5

perigalacticon

New elf
Problem solved! I figured it out I saw that the models were also added separately on the very bottom of the display elements list and I had to place the 2nd group copy below these. I'll post a vid when it gets dark, thanks anyway!

sanasaleem69

New elf
I was having also the same issue. Than i worked on my Animations properly. I think you should to know animation first, than go for their effects. Both things are important so focus on animation first than on effects.