Elia Ware Lights 2013 (Canberra)

Discussion in 'Show Off Arena' started by indudio, Jan 20, 2014.

1. indudio

indudio Guest

Hey everyone,

Well what a year! This year, mainly due to building a new house and all that was on, I decided to stick with Vixen 2.5 (as I knew the program really well) and expand my setup using a lot more RGB 5050 Dumb Strip. In total I had 430 DMX channels.

My display consisted of 1x 4m Mega tree (5 Colours Big W Lights), 2 x 2M Mega Trees (5 Colours, Big W Lights), 2 x 3m Beat Boles (5050 RGB), 2 x 1.5m Beat Poles (5050 RGB), 4 x Spinners (Each with 8 arms with 5050 RGB), 4x leaping arches (5050 RGB), large Bethlehem star made with core-flute on a 5.5m Pole, Various Candy-cane, Presents, xmas trees and stars made with core-flute.

A total of 48,500 led lights all up.

I spent the first 5 months of last year completing all the programming and then built everything in the garage ready for show time. In total the show goes for just under 10 minutes, with a selection of about 7 songs.

Link to the video is here (I was lucky to, I had the moon over my house pretty much the whole time the xmas lights run, so its real!)

https://vimeo.com/84455403

I was also interviewed by ABC Canberra along with Aussie Phil, which aired on ABC news here and on ABC 24.

This can be viewed here

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-23/christmas-display-fanatics-reveal-love-of-lights/5174118/?site=canberra

It was a great and very busy season, and my street and neighbors were all supportive and I may have another 2 houses who might light up and sync in with me this year. I also gave walk throughs to about 3 or 4 people keen in syncronised christmas lights and showed them how it all works and directed them to ACL.

Thanks again to all the help and support from ACL.

2. dale82

dale82 Senior Elf

well done mate!

3. Bird

Bird Proud LOR user

Very nice. I like the icicles on the arches.