Elia Ware Lights 2014 Christmas Show

Jimbo

Full time elf
https://vimeo.com/114323017

Here is my Christmas light Display for 2014.

This years display incorporates the use of 50,000 led lights syncronised to a mega mix of modern version of christmas carols, plus a few surprises.

This years show has also been animated with original animations specifically made for this display by my sister, which also is in time with the music. Join Santa and little bear as they go on a journey of discovery and take a journey on the Santa sleigh Enterprise. Meet the 3 wise guitar guys and see captain picard sing his version of make it so.

The display features a 5m high pixel Mega tree, beat poles, leaping arches, Santa sleigh "Enterprise", reindeer, spinners and other surprises.

I am using a 150" 16:9 screen located on the garage.

This was my first year using light show pro after moving from vixen and after finally working through some issues, got the video to lay in scheduler and be stable (6th night in a row without any issues). Besides the 2 videos from you tube, all the other animation was created by my sister. We started work on design and concepts in January. My dad is a retired engineer and assisted with design and structures (all engineered to withstand 120Km winds). It all had been through about 8 storms this year and have had no isues with water ingress affecting the lights.

Enjoy!

cnbales

New elf
Is the video projecting on your garage door? It looks great. Tell your sister good work!

Boomer#6

No magic smoke yet!!
Brilliant Jimbo :D
LMAO when I got to Captain Picard's version of let it snow. Love it and have shared it with Trekkies I know who also enjoyed it.
Congrats to you and your family

marsh28

Apprentice elf
You Aussies seem to do the pixels better than what I've seen here in the States. Awesome show and I LOVE the cleanliness of the elements. Well done.

Jimbo

Full time elf
Thank for your comments!

Was able to pick up a 50 inch plasma computer monitor from auction for $60. So i decided to use this for the tune to sign and info on donations etc. I was considering building a matrix, but decided for the price difference I would try my luck with this first.

we built a weather proof box for it and sealed it up with silicon. It has run through the major storms with no issue.

I decided to project on the garage after last year to try and balance the house out, as most of the front yard is on the RHS of the house. I found an ebay seller selling a 150" 16:9 electric screen for $240 delivered.

It has been fantastic and means at the end of the show I can push the up button and it disappears and can use the garage still easily.

I only introduced a pixel mega tree this year, so I could focus on learning how to program it, set it up etc. That with the introduction of the video and learning how to use LSP was my main focus. Next year I plan to do the whole roof in Pixels plus some other things.