email problems

scamper

Dedicated elf
I know this is a xmas lighting forum guys, but everyone here is so god damn helpful I thought I would ask...
I have a business website and have it hosted with a company. I have email through them also and can make as many email addresses as I like. I then set them up on whatever device I choose and just punch in the details.
Now I don't know if it has something to do with windows 10 or it was just a coincidence.
But since I updated to windows 10 last night, I have not been able to send emails. I get a message telling me there was an error sending the message or that I am not connected to the internet.
I have 4 different accounts on my computer, all with different passwords.
I have tried reconfiguring one of my emails but to no avail.
When I send a test message (Microsoft generated one) it works and comes through. but not any that I create.
My wife updated to windows 10 last night and her email does work.
Has anyone out there got any brilliant suggestions?

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
What are you using to create the emails, web based, Outlook, The Bat, Thunderbird?
I would be thinking that either a firewall or a virus program is what is stopping you.

scamper

Dedicated elf
AAH said:
What are you using to create the emails, web based, Outlook, The Bat, Thunderbird?
I would be thinking that either a firewall or a virus program is what is stopping you.
Using outlook,
But yes, I will look into that, I didn't even think about firewall.