Enclosure for DC power supply

occhristmas

New elf
Hi - does anyone have any suggestions for suitable enclosures for the multiple 5 vdc power supplies that we will be using to power light controllers? I have looked at Polycase - but, for the below power supply, what type of enclosure is appropriate?

http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-store/item/PS-575/5-VDC-11A-SWITCHING-POWER-SUPPLY/1.html

I have found those cheap enclosures from yourbroadband to be very unreliable - I just was wondering if you guys had thought about this part yet? And if so, what and where are you looking?

I also have some 12 VDC power supplies which have the metal and fans - should we use a tackle box for these and keep them out of the elements? I hope to spark discussion - because I have run out of ideas. Usually I purchase and then turn to others for suggestions, however this time, I remembered to ask first!!!

DanoNJ

Full time elf
I'm surprised you are unhappy with the Broadband store enclosures. I have several and no issues. Anyway, for my DC power supplies, which will consist of those from old computers, I'm just making a simple wooden box with an open bottom and possibly cover w/ some small black bags. I have covered my other controlers with the same bags just for the heck of it.