Evans Central Lights 2014

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Well after being part of the ACL community for 3 years, 2014 I FINALLY got some control of my lights!
Not as big of a display as I had planned but it still (eventually) worked so I'm pleased.
The roofline turned out well, although only a day af it went up and started working, a couple of sections of blue stopped working, as did 1 section of red, and I never got the chance to get back up for repairs. (Easy solution is to replace all with pixels next year ;) )
The DC Icicles in the front worked well too, although I must have a configuration wrong in Vixen as I could not get them to fade. The whole show ran flawlessly via a Raspberry Pi B+.
One and only video below as this was the only sequence I managed to do, as I didn't want to waste time sequencing if I couldn't get the lights to work. Shot on my Samsung S4 as I've lost my tripod mount for my DSLR. Audio mixed by myself.
Enjoy my entry level display of blinky!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0GB42D8Vf8

Cheers, Graham
watch

mborg10

Michael Borg
The first animation year is always the toughest. Confidence is low and you just don't know what to expect, but all the lights are awesome. Great job. Bring on 2015

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Well done Graham. As you'd been to several minis I have always assumed that you were up and running with an animated display. Now you're running an animated display and know know to run a PI and Vixen I guess you'll be running the mini in 2015.

logandc99

Dedicated elf
Nice display. I started out the same with similar LEDs to outline the roof and found it a good learning year. And yes, in year two I replaced with pixels :)

gerry

Senior elf
Hi Graham,

Looks very good (and as another first year fresher) it is great to see your first show up and running . There is a ton of stuff to get going in the first year and with both Vixen and the PI under your belt already , that's a great achievement .

Good luck for 2015 , which BTW starts in a few hours time :)

djgra79

My name is Graham & I love flashing lights!
Global moderator
Generous elf
Thanks for the kind words all.
Yes Rup, very similar! Thanks again for all your assistance. I'll be in touch RE: pixels and singing reindeer!

B_P_J

Full time elf
Very nice work, love the roof line lights, i wish i had of had more on my roof, but the wife cut me off after i started going crazy with the crecit card, hence why i am pacing it over the next 12 months, bought my raspberry pi the other day, going to buy some pixels soon and hopefully a p12s or another p2, all within the first month or two of 2015, this way my wife wont realise the money spending, lol, great work with it all mate.

dale82

Senior elf
Well done Graham, now that you have this year under your belt you will absolutely smash it next year. :)