Evo pixels in matrix

tbm878

New elf
I am considering purchasing the mattos evo pixels for use in my matrix's and mega trees. Since they are so new, i was wondering if anyone has any videos of them in action, specifically in a matrix?

Thanks,
Tim

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Biggest thing to note with EVOs VS Bullet nodes is the light diffusion.
EVOs are like a clear epoxy seed pixel inside a cylindrical resin, which makes a point of light. The whole cylinder glows still. It's not as diffused as a bullet node.

vlcsnap-2023-07-31-23h14m49s496.png

There was a post a few weeks ago on the Facebook Official xLights Support Group showing an EVO pixel matrix.
That looked good!

tbm878

New elf
Biggest thing to note with EVOs VS Bullet nodes is the light diffusion.
EVOs are like a clear epoxy seed pixel inside a cylindrical resin, which makes a point of light. The whole cylinder glows still. It's not as diffused as a bullet node.

View attachment 23822

There was a post a few weeks ago on the Facebook Official xLights Support Group showing an EVO pixel matrix.
That looked good!

Regarding the mega tree strips in the background, with them being just a pressure fit, do they stay held in pretty good? I will search the fb page for the matrix.

Thanks!

Mark_M

Annoying Elf
Regarding the mega tree strips in the background, with them being just a pressure fit, do they stay held in pretty good? I will search the fb page for the matrix.

Thanks!
Yes, they fit into the Boscoyo mounting strip fine.
I don't have any other brand of mounting strip to test on.