Experiences with SanDevices E682 controller

killaralights

New elf
Hello,

I plan to incorporate pixels into my 2013 display. I've been looking at controllers and came across the SanDevices E682 controller. I note they provide it as a kit, and given I've built a few Olsen 595 controllers in the past I was contemplating purchasing in kit form.

Does anyone have experience with this controller, good bad or otherwise?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

-Grant

Beefer

Apprentice elf
It's a truly excellent controller, and definitely a lot of fun putting together the kit! It currently supports 4 universes but will be upgraded by firmware to 6 soon I'm led to believe.

killaralights

New elf
Thanks Beefer. I think I'll order one next week and get started. What software do you use with it?

Thanks,

Grant

fasteddy

I have C.L.A.P
Global moderator
Beefer said:
It's a truly excellent controller, and definitely a lot of fun putting together the kit! It currently supports 4 universes but will be upgraded by firmware to 6 soon I'm led to believe.

I thought the E682 already supported 6 universes.

wardcats

New elf
I added pixels this year to my display using E682's and have been nothing but pleased with it. Jim@Sandevices has put together a great board. And for those like me who as solder challenged he even has the option for one already put together.

Taking the dive into pixels with the number of channels is a little challenging, but the reward is great.

I am 100% pleased with mine and plan to add more pixels this year.

Gary Martin

New elf
ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Beefer said:

The E682 currently shipping does support 6 universes.

G

GoofyGuy

ɟɐsʇǝppʎ said:
Beefer said:

If time is on Jims side, it will be 8 universes soon.

jcmarksafb

Hello from Christopher Creek Arizona
The kit is great! High quality and documented very well. I built one, and have ordered another. Jim stands behind this product very well and answers questions very fast.

petulka77

New elf
Just got mine today. 8) I am currently waiting for a package from Ray with my lights. Can't wait to give it a whirl.

jstjohnz

Apprentice elf
As noted by Eddy and Gary, the board currently supports 6 universes. The upcoming firmware release will bump that to 7 universes for multicast, and also add support for unicast E1.31, and that should be capable of up to 12 universes.

neilric99

Full time elf
Is the e681 still limited to supporting the same number of pixels per string on each cluster or can it now have a different string length per output port?

I gather that I would have to upgrade the E681 with the new wiznet module to support these new features?

Neil