Extension cables for fairy lights

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
I have finally managed to source extension cables for the controller/light combo that is sold at retail outlets like Bunnings, Big W and elsewhere.
Currently Lytworx is the only brand I can think of by name but as I become aware of more I'll add them to make searching for them easier.
The lights that these suit are the 2 wire 2 channel ones that commonly have a multifunction controller as part of the plugpack.
Pics of the leads and the plugpack that they suit below.
If you know of other brands or shops that sell them can you let me know and I'll add the info.
Lead1.jpgPlugpack1.jpgPlugpack2.jpg

Notenoughlights

400,000+ twinkly lights
If you're lucky enough to get some of the connectable strings from Bunnings, they come with a (I think? 5 meter) cable that is used when the light string isn't connected to the supplied transformer, they can be useful.

AAH

I love blinky lights :)
Community project designer
Is it possible to just cut the wires then solder and heat shrink an extention in?
Yes it is. In most cases you can add 10-20m of figure 8 cable in as an extension with no ill effects.

Skymaster

Crazy elf
Global moderator
Generous elf
I cut my Bunnings strings last year with the default plug-packs. Added in a good 15m of the cheapest nastiest thinest 2 core speaker wire from Jaycar at the time (still thicker than what's on the lights) and couldn't tell the difference. Will be doing the same this year feeding off one of AAH's boards.

Last edited: