Extreme lighting displays - single small arch - has anyone made a frame for these

JordoLights

New elf
So had a think about the black poly pipe I used to test the small arch and found that it's semi rigid and easier to work with than then 15mm or 20mm pvc. (Mind that I had around 10 meters of poly pipe in the garage that I thought I'd put to good use)

I've got some screenshots of one I setup below just using zip ties to hold it to the pipe as I shape it to the coro.

Also found that the 19mm poly pipe tees can just be inserted at each end of the arch.

Next step is some rebar and and a small clamp to being the two ends into a better shape but also add some weight to the arch.
Hey mate, just want to resurrect your thread. I really like your idea of using poly pipe to build your arches. They look awesome and easier to work with vs pvc. I'm building 4 medium ones this year and keen to know if the poly pipe method is working out for you.

Did you use some form of bracing to connect both ends (ie. Aluminium round tube or pvc)? Did you screw this to the tee?

How did you fix the tees to the poly pipe? Did you just heat the tube up and insert the tee to it?

Thanks in advance.

OzAz

Senior elf
Global moderator
@JordoLights My poly pipe arches fit into pvc joints then I have pvc pipe running along the base. My base has a length of chromatrim with pixels in it
Think my poly pipe is 25mm diameter, with matching pvc joints and pipe.

JordoLights

New elf
Thanks for the advice. Finally built one. I ended up using 19mm poly pipe and tees. Then 25mm conduit for the base. Just heated the conduit so it'll fit nicely over the tees. Do you reckon the pvc needs screws to secure it to the tees?

Attachments

• PXL_20210918_070307669.jpg
    PXL_20210918_070307669.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 39