F16v2 Pixel Controller beta is now open.

dpitts

Apprentice elf
I may extend this beta to a few in Australia. If so the shipping would most likely be more than the $5.75 i am charging for US delivery. Let's talk about how i can get a few of you some boards to help test. No one does pixels like you guys, I need your feedback. :)

You can purchase the beta board which I expect to be the final board. I have made one revision to the board already to carry power to expansion board to eliminate need for a regulator on the expansion.

This beta will be for the E131 version of the board but the board will be able to run from PI and Pixelnet also if a few additional parts are purchased at a later date. The presale for the beta boards will end on or about the 20th of this month and completely populated boards will be shipped by mid April at the latest.

http://falconchristmas.com/shop/falcon-products/35-f16v2-beta-board.html

Habbosrus

Back again
Bugger! A current lack of funds and a spiralling Aussie $ will keep me out of the beta test. I would have loved to get my hands on one these. I hope there are at a couple of ACL members who can be part of this. Looking forward to the reports on these.

sfleck

New elf
Dave,

I am in Canada but would very much like to be part of the beta!
I used the link but could not order.

Thanks

dpitts

Apprentice elf
Update. I have received all the boards and parts and assembly will begin this week.

dpitts

Apprentice elf
All boards are built. A couple parts need to be added to the FPGA board.

I also received pricing to have boards assembled by assembly house. The pricing was really good. This could shave $40.00 of the cost of the board bringing the board cost near the $160.00 range. Also if we offer a kit where the main board (all through hole) is assembled by user that could bring the price down another $25.00 and place the kit in the $135.00 range. We will see. :)

I will start an interest thread soon.